Whenever I have leftovers I usually like to put it all together and make a stir fry with a lot of vegetables. Since I was just went to the market I had a bigger selection of vegetables. I decided I want to use zuchini, tomato, green beans and to spice it up one green bell pepper. I added some African spices - to be exact Pilau Masala - and it turned out extremely delicious.
Pilau Masala is a mixture of spices. It includes cumin, black pepper, cardamon, cinnamon and cloves. It tastes very oriantal and the cinnamon and the gloves are giving it a nice twist.
This is what I came up with…
- 100 gram green beans
- 1 zuchini
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 200 gram Rice (I had leftovers)
- Pilau Masala
- Start by washing all your vegetables
- Then prepare the green beans. Cut off the ends on both side and then cut them in half.
- Cover them with water – but not more than covered. Add salt and cook them for about 7-10 Minutes. They still need to be firm to the bite. When ready – remove the water and set them aside. (If you can, put them in iced water – this helps the green beans to not lose their color)
- Now slice the onion, zucchini, tomato and bell pepper into fine pieces.
- Add oil to a pan and slightly fry the onion. Add the zucchini and tomato and all the spices. Wait for about 2 Minutes and then add as much water till the vegetables are covered. Cover the pan with a lid and let them cook for about 7-10 Minutes, or until tender,
- Now add the green beans and the rice, stir it well and let it all become hot.
Voila – you’re finished.
I really liked how it turned out. You can of course switch the vegetable i used with whatever vegetables you have at home right now. That`s the beauty of this meal.