Spaghetti with soya mince and vegetables

Oh well, I need to work on my post titles...but for some reason I find it really hard to find a breathtaking title that makes you just want to read to blogpost=) I hope I get better and more imaginative..
Today I was really missing the „normal“foods I use to cook at home. Lucky I found a store that sells Spaghetti, a nice change to chapati, rice and ugali. I also found a store that sells soya mince, but I can only get it in a bigger Cities like Mombasa or Nairobi, so whenever I`m there I buy plenty and stock it up. The soya here is different to what I`m used to. It`s dried and only made out of the soya protein, not the whole bean. So health wise, it`s not the best, but it still gives a nice twist to some meals or a sauce…and none the less it`s a good protein source.



Serves 2:
250 gram Spaghetti
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 tomatoes
1 zucchini
1 small green bell pepper
150 gram soya mince
1 tsp tomato puree
Salt and pepper
Water
  1. First cook your spaghetti as usual. 
  2. Then cut all the vegetables into fine pieces and slice the onion and garlic.
  3. Add oil to a pan and sautè the garlic, onion, bell pepper for about 30 seconds (on medium heat). Then add the tomato puree and wait for another 30 sec or a minute, so that the flavor can involve. 
  4. Now you can add the tomato and zucchini, also add salt and pepper 
  5. Wait about 1 more minute and add water till the vegetables are slightly covered. 
  6. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. 
  7. It`s finished when the vegetables are tender and the water reduced and left a thicker sauce.

Voila – Enjoy.

Love,
Krisi

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Dein Avatarfoto (solltest du eines haben) wird hier veröffentlicht. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung. Schreibe bitte keinen Kommentar wenn du damit nicht einverstanden bist!