The sweetest potaoes meets kabichi

Last week I bought sweet potatoes on the market. It started as buy out of frustration. I went on a different market this time, where the vegetables are supposed to be a little bit cheaper. So I made the almost one hour journey to the place and found a big market…but there wasn`t very much variety of vegetables and there were no fruits. I was frustrated because I wanted to buy everything I need for a week. Where I live you can`t just walk to the next supermarket it`s one hour driving distance away and it is very small, so you get much better quality and variety on a vegetable market. So as I was buying everything I need and it still wasn`t everything I wanted, I just bought a few things I didn`t really need…so the sweet patotas landed in my basket…what a luck, I totally forgot how good they taste. In my home country I never buy them because they`re crazy expensive…here they almost cost nothing compared to that.
So I cooked the sweet potatoes and made cabbage the typical African way (which is, to be honest, just by adding curry and tomatoes;))

Serves 2:
2 big sweet potatoes
3 tomatoes
2 red onions
1 garlic clove
½ of a cabbage
Salt
Pepper
Curry
  1. Start by peeling the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces if you want them to cook faster. Then put them in a pot, cover them well with water and a dash of salt and bring them to a boil. Get them out of the water when still slightly hard and let them cool a little. 
  2. Prepare the cabbage by cutting out the stem, remove the leaves that are damaged and start slicing the cabbage in small pieces. When you have finished wash it really well. 
  3. Dice the onion, garlic and tomatoes. 
  4. Now on medium high sauté the half of the diced onion until translucent and add the garlic and the spices. Stir well so that it won`t burn but the flavor can enhance.  
  5. Shortly after add the tomatoes and wait till they slightly fall before adding the cabbage. Now cover the pot and every now and then stir so that it won`t burn. 
  6. In a separate pan brown the rest of the onion and then add the rest of the tomatoes. Add a pinch of salt, a little bit of pepper und curry and then the potatoes. Turn the heat down, so that it won`t burn and gently sauté the vegetables. Be careful to not stir too much, otherwise the potatoes will fall apart. When everything is soft, turn down the heat…It`s finished. 
  7. The cabbage is ready when soft, but still firm to the bite. 
  8. Voila – you can serve 


Enjoy.

Which way do you like to cook and eat sweet potatoes?

Love,

Krisi

1 Kommentar:

  1. Wow da hast Du wirklich ein sehr gutes Körpergefühl. Das habe ich leider nicht, ich habe durch meine ganze Experimentiererei jegliches Gefühl dafür verloren. :/

    AntwortenLöschen

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Dein Avatarfoto (solltest du eines haben) wird hier veröffentlicht. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung. Schreibe bitte keinen Kommentar wenn du damit nicht einverstanden bist!